Technician Supervisor - Western
Summary of Job:
Assist Operations Manager in directing and coordinating the daily service activities of the pest control technicians. Responsibilities include assisting Operations Manager in the training, coaching, and motivating of technicians. Assist in maintaining material inventory levels and overseeing equipment maintenance needs for the district. Along with contributing towards the customer retention, growth and profitability goals of the district office, this position will be available for route work.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Exceed customer expectations through coaching and mentoring of technicians on service expectations.
- Help increase growth and profitability of business from current level through monitoring material usage and maintaining equipment in good working order.
- Continue to create and maintain team oriented working environment.
- Possess high energy level and willing to commit to extended working hours required during season.
- Lead 13 Technicians
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to speak, write, read and comprehend fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide, and other pesticide labels, and training materials printed in English.
2. Operate a motor vehicle according to company policy.
3. Use OSHA mandated personal protective equipment.
4. Visually inspect for pests and provide accurate diagnosis.
5. Use application equipment; power hoses, power tools etc..
6. Work outside and inside buildings, and tolerate a variety of environmental conditions,
including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations.
1. Proven leadership and management skills.
2. Responsibility for helping run a business or business unit.
3. Sales and sales management experience helpful.
4. Team building and continuous improvement techniques and training - a plus.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets JC Ehrlich criteria. Some positions require the obtainment of a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) endorsement.
6. Acquire Ca. Ag. License, Ca. Branch 2 and Branch 3 license within 6 months of start
7. Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for off-hours and weekends.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: