Vegetation Management Services Specialist - Rentokil
Seasonal Vegetation Management Service Specialist
We are looking for solid hard working individuals to become Seasonal Professional Vegetation Management Specialist, from May to September. This position offers the satisfaction of offering great customer service without being tied to a desk. Our regional Vegetation Management Services (VMS) Technicians are an extension of J.C. Ehrlich’s VMS corporate support team and report to the VMS Support Operations Manager located in Baltimore, MD. Regional VMS technicians perform vegetation management for a number of Ehrlich offices in a particular region. We are currently looking to fill one position that will support and/or provide services for the offices in the greater Mid-Atlantic region including, but not limited to Maryland, Delaware and Northern Virginia.
Your work will include:
- Visually inspecting and treating for effective preventive and corrective weed control.
- Applying herbicides and other materials to prevent and/or control weeds to achieve desired results.
- Operate a large motor vehicle (>26,000 lbs. GVW) according to company and Department of Transportation policy.
- Maintaining assigned equipment in a neat, clean and properly operating condition.
- Properly documenting services in accordance with customer and/or state regulatory specifications.
- Building and maintaining good customer relations.
- Taking personal initiative and responsibility for correcting pest weed problems.
- Maintaining high service standards at all accounts.
- Participating in group meetings and account reviews.
- Completion of independent and group on-going training.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Being an interactive member in a team work environment.
- Working with Corporate Customer Service Representatives to schedule all work in your route on a daily/weekly basis.
- Partnering with branch offices when needed to coordinate service support.
Technicians must be flexible with their working hours, since vegetation services are weather dependent. We must accommodate our customer’s needs and this may result in extended working hours (55-60 hours per week) during the peak season of March through July. This position will include Saturday and possibly Sunday hours and last minute requests for services. Overnight travel will be required throughout the growing season. During the winter months, demand for services is reduced and technicians who are not cross-trained in other areas are likely to be seasonally laid off.
This position will require the successful candidate to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and hazmat, tanker and airbrake endorsements, as well as State Pesticide Applicators Licenses in each state within the operating area of the support group.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess basic computer skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company standards
- Show a stable work history
- Detail oriented and customer focused
- Work independently and in teams
- Ability to speak, write, read and comprehend training materials, herbicide and pesticide labels printed in English
- Be comfortable working in a variety of environmental conditions
- Possess the physical ability to carry cartons and bags up to 50#
- Pass a respirator fit test and a Department of Transportation physical
- For safety reasons, all Technicians must be clean shaven for respirator use
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle, and criminal background check
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and State Licensing requirements
We offer excellent pay, 401K, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: