IT & Office Support Administrator
IT and Office Support Administrator
Are you passionate about customer service? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Rentokil Steritech is the largest pest control company in the world, and we are the third largest pest control company in North America. While we are big, we pride ourselves on our family atmosphere where we take mentoring and promoting from within seriously.
This position will be responsible for efficient and effective office and information technology administration. This position provides both hardware and software support to field employees. You will administer day to day management of the desktop and other user devices within Rentokil Steritech.
This is a great opportunity if you are a recent graduate and looking for experience. We are looking for someone who can travel and work between our Concord and Milton offices. This is a 6 to 8 month contract position with the opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate.
What you will do?
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software.
- Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
- Maintain tablet, handheld/PDA and application support to the technical team
- Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures.
- Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required, and initiates action to ensure best use is made of available network assets
- Upload and update client site maps using Smart Draw or Visio
- Support back-up for all log books and folders
- All other duties as assigned
What do you need?
- Post-secondary education in related field
- 1-2 years of IT and/or administration experience
- Experience working with hardware and software
- Bilingual is preferred
- Ability to logically analyze business problems and determine/implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in the usage of systems technologies and applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio or SmartDraw
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to organize work to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail, well organized and effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
What we offer?
- Great starting salary
- Training and development program with Rentokil Steritech
- Great team oriented work environment
- Opportunity for permanent hire
We are looking for individuals who want to be a part of our team. Is that you? Apply today!
Rentokil Steritech Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Rentokil Steritech is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.