Strategic Account Manager - Rentokil
Strategic Account Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of the Strategic Account Manager for Rentokil North America Pest Control is to retain and grow the assigned account portfolio while maintaining a customer focused service. Strategic Account Managers will work to maximize our company’s services, including Ambius, across the customer’s footprint by working closely with our branch structure and colleagues. Revenue will come from selling additional sites, services, lines of business, and products to existing customers by executing LAMP principles and our account management program.
A. Baseline Sales Target: Achieve Retention and Growth Targets of assigned portfolio.
- Sales Activity- Contacts National Account customers in portfolio over the telephone or in person and sets appointments to conduct account management reviews and to present opportunities to continue to add value.
- Maintain and grow assigned customer portfolio.
- Approach- Uses Cornerstone approach with presentations targeted to customer
- Tools- Makes effective use of sales collateral, product samples, Goodwill
- Profitability- Understands the components of profitability in our business and
- Cross Selling-Aligns Pest portfolio to include Ambius new business revenue at an
B. Positive Impact: Makes a positive impact on our National Account customers and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm- Displays enthusiasm and treats all customers with respect.
- Appearance- Displays professionalism in appearance and mannerisms at all
- Impact- Sales Literature, sales aids, marketing material and personal grooming
- Automobile- Automobile is kept neat, clean and in good repair.
C. Sales Knowledge: Maintains proficiency in sales knowledge and translates that knowledge into meaningful prospect benefits as appropriate including core competencies.
- Products (all Lines of Business)
- Operational Excellence
- Competitive activities, intelligence, service and sales techniques. Monitors and needs. LAMP Gold Sheet Process Checklists, Critical Appraisal and Account Management Reviews/Scorecards understands profitable growth. Annual Baseline Target set by the Vice President of Sales-Rentokil North America. times. are always current, neat, clean and fresh looking. anticipates this competitive activity and provides prompt feedback to Director of National Accounts Sales Operations.
D. Planning: Manage time and portfolio effectively.
- Builds and maintains Strategic National Account Management Files for each account in portfolio.
- Growth opportunities - Identifies all opportunities within the assigned portfolio
- Reports- Prepares reports accurately and meets deadlines as appropriate.
E. Account Management: Communicates necessary details of accounts to ensure that we meet all established customer requirements.
F. Organization: Effectively develops organizational capabilities and integration of objectives within National Account Program Management team.
G. Expenses: Incurs only necessary expenses and keeps accurate expense reports.
H. Self-Improvement: Constantly works on self-improvement and learning.
- Performance- Analyzes personal performance and learns from mistakes.
- Development- Reacts positively and professionally to Performance appraisals, and feedback and works to improve developmental objectives.
- Techniques- Stays current on sales techniques used by National utilizing Strategic Selling strategies/LAMP Gold Sheet Process. Account/Strategic Account Managers. Reads and studies available literature about professional selling.
II. PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Deliver Results-Ensure that we achieve Rentokil National Account projections, goals and objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Act Commercially-Have the ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions. Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Manage Yourself-Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. Display courage when required to make tough decisions.
- Coach and Develop-Provide structure and consistent fair feedback regarding capabilities of Sales Representatives that are involved in National Account new sales.
- Work with Others-Build relationships with the Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, Branch Managers, Regional Managers, and business support colleagues to achieve our mission.
- Display Leadership-Inspire others to achieve the company objectives and hold them accountable for high standards of performance. Make our sales team effective and hold individuals to account.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read, write and comprehend pesticide labels and training materials printed in English
- Enter and exit structures and crawl spaces; climb over and on top of structures; ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
- Use the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the situation.
- Visually inspect for pest, pest harborage, pest entries, etc.
- Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations.
- Tolerate sitting and driving a motor vehicle for extended hours each day.
- Comprehend current industry standards such as AIB, FDA and USDA.
About our company:
Rentokil’s trusted and regional brands have served pest control customers in the United States for over 90 years. Operating in more than 50 countries worldwide, Rentokil is part of Rentokil Initial plc, one of the world’s largest and most diverse business service companies. Ehrlich Pest Control, Western Exterminator, Presto-X Pest Control Alpha Ecological, and Steritech are all part of the Rentokil family of pest control companies in North America. Rentokil provides commercial and residential pest control services from more than 200 local offices in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: