Senior Accountant - Rentokil
The Sr. Accountant is responsible to complete a variety of corporate accounting activities to support financial operations. Responsibilities include accounting for new acquisitions and oversight of acquired accounts, such as intangible assets, deferred consideration and deferred revenue. Additional responsibilities include accounting for international intercompany charges, completion of monthly vendor accruals and reporting fuel and gas volume purchases. The Sr. Accountant is responsible to prepare journal entries, complete account analysis and provide supplemental financial information for accurate and timely reporting.
Primary or Key Responsibilities:
- Completes the accounting and reporting for new acquisitions, including the recognition and valuation of intangible assets, deferred consideration and deferred revenue. Responsible to track and maintain various accounts to ensure accurate accounting of acquired entities. Completes analysis and prepares journal entries to record acquisition agreement purchase price adjustments.
- Responsible for the preparation of various journal entries and account analysis. Completes accounting for international intercompany charges and monthly vendor accruals. Responsible to account for vehicle lease costs and vehicle fleet maintenance charges. Researches and reports information for fuel and gas volume purchases. Ensures month-end accrual information is accurate, complete and reported in a timely manner.
- Prepares and reviews monthly account reconciliations and is responsible to perform various accounting activities to maintain accurate records. Completes the Intercompany balance matrix analysis for financial reporting.
- Actively involved in the month-end financial close process. Responsible to research and record closing adjustments as requested. Ensures work is completed accurately and financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Responsible to record monthly acquisition revenue reports for revenue and sales tax activity, reconciliation of accounts receivable and calculation of the bad debt provision.
- Implements and maintains accounting procedures and policies for processing and recording financial transactions.
- Provides accounting assistance and guidance regarding proper accounting procedures and account code classifications.
- Responsible to implement and maintain strong, effective internal controls over accounting processes to ensure accurate and complete financial reporting.
- Involved in the creation and development of Jet reports to achieve greater efficiency and enhanced information through improved custom financial reports.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives and priorities; recommends and implements resulting accounting policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities and implements plans to improve financial operations and increase efficiency; Works independently to develop and implement accounting initiatives. Responsible to make recommendations to improve departmental policies, controls and procedures and help improve systems and processes.
- Promotes positive employee relations through timely and well-communicated resolution of the issues. Proactively works to identify and resolve problems using efficient and innovative solutions.
- Provides accounting support and assistance to complete special projects or accounting requests as required. Works with internal and external auditors in conjunction with the annual audit to provide accurate and timely information. Ensures that the proper financial information is maintained for historical purposes and in accordance with the company’s record retention policies.
- Provides assistance to timely and accurately address financial questions or concerns. Responsible to investigate and resolve accounting issues. Responds in a professional manner to all inquiries, providing the highest level of customer support.
- Other tasks or projects will be assigned as needed by the Accounting Manager or Director of Financial Operations.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance is required. Five or more years of accounting experience. Must have experience in financial reporting and application of generally accepted accounting principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to work independently.
- Possess strong and effective communication skills
- Act professionally at all times.
- Use active listening skills and empathy when interacting with others.
- Apply excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess service orientation with desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Have a pleasant phone manner and etiquette, with the ability to speak clearly.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to set priorities with little supervision.
- Support team initiatives as defined by Manager.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Demonstrate very effective problem solving skills; uses good judgement.
- Possess excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially in Excel
- Have experience with Google Suite, especially Google Drive
- Passionate about delivering excellent service to every customer.
- Keep promises.
- Do what they say they will do to delight customers and achieve our goals every day.
- Understand the customer better than anyone.
- Ensure all activities and decisions make life better for customers.
- Value productive, long lasting relationships with our colleagues and customers.
- Communicate well.
- Keep colleagues and customers informed about changes that affect them.
- Listen to people’s needs and concerns, and act on what is concerned.
- Honest, focused and straightforward in conversations.
- Work together to deliver great results.
- Support colleagues.
- Treat colleagues with respect and recognize everyone has an important contribution to make.
- Trust colleagues to take ownership of and effectively manage customer relationships.
- Make sure colleagues have the support, tools and training to do their job well.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: