NA Real Estate Assistant - Rentokil
North America Real Estate Assistant
Purpose of Position
The North America Real Estate Assistant will support the North America Property Manager with growth and implement a pre-agreed property strategy for the company across all of North America. The property strategy is aligned to the strategic goals of senior management and also to the global real estate team based in the UK. Working closely with the North America Property Manager and local managers, the North America Real Estate Assistant will implement a series of tasks for site acquisitions and disposals together with various real estate based projects.
The North America Real Estate Assistant is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records updated. This position will also be assisting in office support and will assist the main functions of the Property Manager which include leasing and marketing of the Rentokil Initial property estate and relations with internal and external customers. The North America Real Estate Assistant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to assist the Property Manager and obtain primary data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain Property Database and appropriate reports which include Project Kick Off Forms, Business Case Analysis/Preparation, and property lists and all related Lease Transactions.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, and accurately verified.
- Use Rentokil’s systems to create new vendors or update old vendor information, allowing payments to be processed.
- Provide hands on assistance to office relocation projects where required with the correct planning and management
- Assist in preparing and reviewing quarterly and year end reports.
- For Facilities Management, assist in the preparation of financial information around the management of property costs and annual expenditure on maintenance and ongoing operations
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to colleagues.
- Knowledge in mapping, autocad or other related space management tools.
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English to communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Apply excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess service orientation with desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
- Deliver Results
- Have the ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering what’s required.
- Establish SMART objectives for self and others.
- Be enthusiastic and works with energy to achieve company standards and goals.
- Monitor progress of objectives and take action to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Able to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer-focused decisions.
- Use business thinking to make decisions.
- Use experience to solve current problems.
- Use a straightforward and practical approach to handling business issues.
- Understand how own actions impact on costs and finds the most cost effective solution to meet needs.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Be aware of own feelings.
- Manage own feelings to remain clear and focused.
- Have positive expectations that things will work out.
- Be aware of own development needs and takes steps to improve these.
- Know how to take care of self to be at one’s best.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage the long-term development of others to build capability.
- Give practical support.
- Train team members by giving directions or demonstrations.
- Give practical support or assistance to make job easier for the other individual.
- Ask questions, devise tests, or use other methods to ensure that others have understood.
- Give support to others and praise more than criticizes.
- Recognize success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Be a team player.
- Offer help and advice when asked.
- Be supportive and/or positive of other members of team.
- Share information knowledge and experience freely within own team and with other departments / business units.
- Commit to team decisions.
- Display Leadership
- Inspire others to achieve the company’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Communicate expectations and direction.
- Give clear directions – ensuring communications are clear and simple.
- Communicate objectives and share helpful information with the team/individuals.
- Listen to individuals and includes their ideas in decisions made.
- Conduct regular team meetings to share information and listen to ideas and concerns.
- Adapt style to suit customers and colleagues.
Program of Study
Bachelor of Arts or Science.
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
Zero to Two (0-2) years
- Project Management skills.
- Analytical skills; include financial modeling and forecasting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: