Customer Service Representative - Target (CA)
Customer Service Representative
A successful Customer Service Representative is a motivated self-starter who can work independently with a focus on results in achieving company business goals. Success includes planning, organizing, and selling the company’s product line within assigned branch coverage areas to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives while developing and enhancing client relationships within Target Specialty Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following are the standard responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative position for Target Specialty Products in the designated local branch coverage areas. Essential duties and responsibilities may change, be replaced or added to as communicated to the CSR by the Service Center Manager.
- Serve and support designated local warehouses to meet delivery truck needs and capacity
- Enter appropriate customer information into the computer system in an accurate manner.
- Daily order taking from branch customers.
- Take all delivery orders (including those from SCM) and place onto system as soon as possible.
- Verify inventory levels for all orders
- If there are variances or backorders, contact customer immediately to offer solutions when the variance cannot meet the original order.
- Communicate any variances (back orders, other warehouse stock) to SCM or designated warehouse contact the customer within two hours of order being placed.
- Local SCM will communicate to the CSR before 3:00 PM, any variations from original orders for the next day’s deliveries. CSR will communicate alternative solutions to our customers to meet their needs and order placements that same day.
- Contact key Customers for the daily responsibility of filling up our delivery vehicle with normal customer daily deliveries.
- Review customer account prior to placing order on the system
- View current A/R status. If needed, ask for monies from customers to keep A/R balance in line with company standard and terms.
- View customer buying patterns and offer quantity or discounted options on key vendor products that align with the customer and Target Specialty.
- Review back order fulfillment
- Communicate with local SCM on delivery fulfillment, truck and UPS.
- Work with procurement department on inventory levels to meet expected current customer demands and communicate this with local SCM.
- Communicate with Sales Representative on key customer concerns, A/R, buying patterns and product placements.
- Assist in daily and month end closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into computer.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Undergraduate degree or equivalent two-year diploma and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with an ability to listen to client needs so as to provide sound agronomic solutions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds company values; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Contributes to profits and revenue.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports company's goals and values.
Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Target Specialty Products Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Target Specialty Products is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.