Regional Sales Manager - Ehrlich
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned Region. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with company vision and values. Establishes sales plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for Sales Representatives of Rentokil North America.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A. Human Resources – Recruit and hire top performing sales talent.
- Hiring Process – Recruit, test and hire Sales Representatives based on Rentokil competencies.
- Recruiting – Identify, develop and maintain relationships with local recruiters, local colleges and other recruiting sources for current and future sales needs.
- Ensure Region is staffed at all times and a bench of sales talent is developed for each territory.
B. Training and Development
- Conduct Weekly One on One Debriefs with all Sales Representatives to build more effective communication, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales Representatives’ sales activity performance.
- Conducting 2-3 Field Rides per week with Sales Representatives to coach on developing improved sales skills.
- Assist Sales Representatives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Take ownership for the success of new hires by executing our NEW Sales Representative Training Program.
- Develop new corrective action plans for each Sales Representative utilizing directive and supportive coaching style.
- Conduct productive Weekly Sales Meetings and Sales Training Meetings focused on skill development and improving performance.
- Utilize sales KPIs as a coaching tool and to monitor Sales Representative’s activity level. Manager will ensure that all Sales Representatives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments and proposals and debrief in detail with Sales Representatives weekly.
- Sets a strong example for Sales Representatives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habits.
- Annually, develop a Regional Sales and Marketing Plan that supports NAPC’s Corporate Plan and integrates campaigns, lead generation activities and target account management.
- Develop and support Sales Representatives Quarterly Sales Action Plans and redirect activities to ensure performance.
C. Target Prospecting Management – Monitor and manage the target account management process.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Incorporates the principles of Strategic Selling.
- Ensures 100% identification of target prospects in the market.
- Develop, with support from Corporate Marketing, seeding campaigns to position our company and increase penetration into all target accounts and segments.
D. Territory Management Systems – Monitor and manage Sales Advantage (Rentokil’s Contact Management platform) procedures to ensure proper utilization.
- Ensure local prospects are added and system is updated after each Phone Block.
- Monitor the quality of Phone Blocks conducted by Sales Representatives.
- Develop business plans and sales strategies in support of Call Campaigns that ensures attainment of company sales targets and profitability.
- Administration – Monitor and control administrative functions
E. Administrative Functions – Control administrative functions within department to assure timeliness and the accuracy of reports new orders, administrative requirements can not interfere with field coaching requirements.
- Sales Tools – Control and maintain an ample supply of sales tools used in presentations. Keep sales tools current, neat, factual and effective.
- Selling Expenses – Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Baseline Sales Targets- Assist Vice President of Sales and Marketing in development of Baseline Sales Targets.
- Incentives – Ensure that all NAPC Incentive and Compensation Plans are driving performance in Region.
- Competitive knowledge – Maintain an accurate and complete file on each main competitor in the Region (National, Regional and Local).
- Submit an accurate Monthly New Business Forecast using Regional Sales Manager Status Report and report on execution of Sales and Marketing Plan.
II. PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A. Deliver Results-Ensure that we achieve Rentokil NAPC New Business projections, goals and objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
B. Act Commercially-Have the ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions. Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
C. Manage Yourself-Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. Display courage when required to make tough decisions.
D. Coach and Develop-encourage the long term development of our Sales Representatives to build capacity. Provide structure and consistent fair feedback.
E. Work with Others-Build relationships with the Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, District Managers, Regional Managers, and Marketing colleagues to achieve our mission.
F. Display Leadership-Inspire others to achieve the company objectives and hold them accountable for high standards of performance. Make our sales team effective and hold individuals to account.
III. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Rentokil Orientation Program
2. Rentokil Sales Training Program
3. Successfully completes the Purdue University Short Course on Pest Control.
4. Strategic Selling Seminar
5. NAPC leadership training through NAPC University.
IV. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Read, write and comprehend pesticide labels and training materials printed in English.
2. Experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management.
3. Strong understanding of customer/market dynamics and requirements.
4. Willingness to travel and work on a national team of professionals.
5. Strong leadership abilities to drive the sales team to meet company objects.
6. Tolerate sitting and driving a motor vehicle for extended hours each day.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be constructed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: