Application Development Director - Rentokil
Application Development Director
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Application Development Director role is manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks, etc. - including Business Partners and Business Analysts.
As a director and Leadership Team member of the IT department for Rentokil North America, the person in this role will apply their extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. The Application Development Director will also build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Additionally, this individual will assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. The Application Development Director will regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure department objectives are met. Therefore, it is important to have the ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. As well, demonstrated leadership and people management skills are critical to this role. Lastly, strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and direction to Application Development team.
- Effectively motivate and lead team members to maximize performance.
- Build team of highly competent managers capable of coordinating all IT Business Development activities in support of the business.
- Report team plans, projects, performance, and related matters to Executive Leadership Team.
- Work closely with other members of IT senior management team to assure alignment of IT activities with commitments business partners.
- Ensure that appropriate IT service expectations are formalized and actively managed.
- Participate in the IT planning process.
- Assist IT and Finance in developing cost allocation and budgeting.
- Provide cross-functional coordination of IT resources to deliver against the IT project portfolio.
- Work with staff to plan, implement and track effective information technology projects to maximize the return on investment.
- coordinate resources and manage priorities to support the company’s goals.
- ensure high quality in executive and conformance.
- Develop and maintain high levels of technical and business security expertise in all areas of information technology.
- Manage a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business environment.
- Provide input to departmental strategy.
- Apply and share best practices and knowledge related to application development.
Program of Study
Human Resources, software engineering or related field
Business or related field or functional area
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
10 (Ten)+ years Related experience Required
5 (Five)+ years Management Experience Preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of office applications including Google Suite strongly preferred.
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses are required.
MCMI - Member of the Chartered Management Institute or Chartered Manager from Chartered Management Institute a plus.
Solution Development Diploma (Higher Level) or Chartered IT Professional (CITP) from BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT a plus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: