Technical Services Manager - PrestoX
Technical Services Manager
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Rentokil is the largest pest control company in the world, and we are the third largest pest control company in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What does our Technical Services Manager do?
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for developing technical expertise and service quality within their assigned region. They will implement and oversee a comprehensive program of training and development of technical expertise within the assigned Service Centers that ensures we will continue to lead in this area within the pest control industry. They also work closely with managers and technicians to implement technician training programs that ensure quality standards, training guidelines, and technical knowledge remains current.
- Identify insects submitted from service centers as well as provide information regarding biology & appropriate mitigation advice
- Be the technical expert in challenging pest situations and help to develop action plans to provide solutions to control
- Periodically review and or conduct service quality audits for our clients and facility audits of their assigned service centers
- Verify coaching is being conducted and is of good quality through auditing of coaching paperwork and by field assessment of technicians within Service Centers
- Validate technician service quality and customer service skills through field assessments and regular review of training progress of newly hired technicians
- Verify quality of services being provided by technicians by reviewing Service Center Manager QA’s and conducting independent QA work in assigned offices
- Ensure consistency of Quality Assurance reporting between managers by conducting co-inspections with Service Center, Regional, and/or Corporate Quality Assurance Manager
- Provide assistance to ensure Service Centers implement and conduct effective training programs for newly hired technicians
- Conduct or monitor monthly technical meetings and provide guidance to ensure meetings are conducted professionally and are well run with good technician input
- Prepare regular progress reports of the Service Centers within your assigned region(s)
- Establish priorities with respect to technical and training development within your Service Centers and keep managers regularly informed of progress and developments that impact them
- Evaluate, introduce and implement new innovation technology and products within our Service Centers
- Build relationships with the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, Regional Manager(s), other Technical Services Managers, and Sales Managers in order to achieve our mission
- Serve as the regional technical expert for NAPC (North American Pest Control) when working with customers or prospective customers; this may include giving seminars to customers & prospective customers
- Maintain relationships with state regulatory agencies to ensure we remain in compliance with respect to pesticide law within the states where you operate. Validate compliance within your Service Centers
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- A four year college degree in a biological science, such as Entomology is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum 3-5 yrs. of related urban pest management experience required
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and other standard computer programs required
- Be or become an Associate (ACE) or Board Certified Entomologist (BCE), or Registered Sanitarian (RS) within 1 year of being selected for the position
- Be familiar with local, state, &federal laws regarding pesticides as well as general familiarity with OSHA, FDA, EPA, USDA, and third party auditing agencies of the states where you work
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills
- ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions
- Maintain active membership in at least one state pest control association
- Travel up to 75% of the time within your assigned Service Centers
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: