CDL Driver - Class B - Hazmat Endorsments - Target
Responsible for driving a 26-foot flatbed truck to various customer locations through out San Jose.
- Drive long distances (no overnights). 8-hour round trips max.
- Report to a supervisor any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their truck before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Maintain an accurate Driver’s Logbook
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or GPS.
- Transport hazardous materials (very occasionally).
- Must have CDL with good driving record.
- Must have a valid D.O.T. physical.
- Must be able to lift 50#.
CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience driving larger truck-types with manual transmission.
- Prefer applicant to possess a CDL-B license or higher.
- Readiness to go above and beyond to service our customers.
- Willingness to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to be on time and dependable.
- Willingness to obtain HazMat endorsements in future.
- Forklift experience is helpful, but not necessary. Will train if needed.
- Donkey/Moffett experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic attitude to work in warehouse: Cleaning, pulling orders, inventory, etc.
- Assist in other duties of warehouse location when not driving.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: