Project Foreman - Ambius
Project Job Foreman
Looking to use your management skills to build your career in an exciting fast paced industry at a growing world-class organization? We create spaces that are engaging and uplifting which contributes to our collective sense of health and well-being. Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Ambius is about improving the quality of life for people working in offices, hotels, universities, and shopping centers by enriching their environment. Our vision is to be the creator of ambience for businesses. We do this by being passionate for our colleagues and customers which are the center of everything we do. We design, install and service interior landscapes, plant displays, living green walls, holiday decor, ambient scenting and stunning wall art for commercial businesses. Ambius Project Development focuses on the design and execution of unique one of a kind projects that require specialized expertise outside of the day to day Ambius core business.
What is your role?
Our Project Job Foreman executes on-site installation of green wall systems and other specialty landscape elements throughout North America. Deliver projects on pre-determined job schedule and within budget to achieve budgeted profit. Communicate and provide customer service to our clients. Cultivate existing and new business relationships to generate repeat business.
- Perform on-site installation of each assigned project in coordination with Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Determine proper tools and equipment and coordinate equipment rental with the Construction Manager
- Operate power tools and hand tools including table saws, circulating saws, grinders, sanders, cordless drills, hammer drills, and concrete drills
- Operate extending forklifts, scissor lifts, articulating boom lifts.
- Coordinate and receive deliveries of products and materials at the job sites
- Maintain OSHA 30 hour Health and Safety Certification
- Maintain Proper Training and Certification for Lifts.
- Maintain OSHA Certified First Aid and CPR Training and Certification
- Attend all required job site construction and/or safety meetings and disseminate information as appropriate
- Report any job delays, field changes or request for change orders to Construction Manager or Project Manager
- Manage any additional installation crews, union tradesmen, and subcontractors assigned to you at the job sites
- Compile with all Health and Safety responsibilities as specified in the Technical Field Guide
- Report any hazardous site conditions or accidents to appropriate personnel.
- Provide adequate supervision to all employees so that they work safely and without risk to health
- Perform regular checks on the work of any employee reporting to them to ensure work is carried out safely and in accordance with safe systems of work
- Remedy any deficiencies identified following walk through/audits/inspections
- Provide information, instruction and training to all employees so that they are competent to undertake their work safely
- Issue written work instructions for each work activity which specifies the appropriate safe system of work to be followed and any control measures identified from site-specific risk assessments
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive base pay plus incentive
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Technology package
What do you need?
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Prior experience working on construction sites
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction documents/plans
- Strong Carpentry, structural framing, plumbing, electrical, millwork, and irrigation skills
- Ability to field modify millwork cabinetry / stainless steel trim surrounds
- Ability to work independently and make business focused decision
- Management of diverse and ever-changing labor force
- Maintain all required licenses and certifications
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record
- Note: This position requires steady out of town travel, upwards of 90%
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: