Associate IT Project Manager - Rentokil
Associate IT Project Manager
The role is part of the North American IT organization responsible for Governance, carrying the responsibility for review of management processes (and decisions), confirming that they are compliant with the organization's strategy, and working to enhance and embed those processes.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The Associate IT Project Manager will be responsible for such key deliverables as setting and meeting deadlines, coordinating launches, and facilitating communication between teams. Projects may have many different people contributing in different roles, and bringing those people together into a cohesive whole is an important part of the job. A project may have a very long life cycle or a very short one; in either case, the project manager's job description can be summarized as ensuring that projects track on schedule, stay within budget and go smoothly.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects; facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; and defining project tasks and resource requirements.
- Assist in assembling and coordinating project staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, and track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Keep all key project stakeholders informed as to project progress.
- Provide direction and support to project teams.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to mediate disputes and uncover hidden objections or concerns that staff members may be reluctant to share.
- Be able to adapt to unexpected setbacks and have a game plan for when things go wrong.
- Follow clearly-defined processes and ensure that colleagues are communicating effectively.
- Act as a technology advocate and evangelist for coworkers at all levels. Be available as a support resource as needed throughout the organization.
- Ensure standard Rentokil change management procedures are followed.
- Contributions to be made in other areas as needed.
Knowledge & skills:
Has the skills for:
- Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Effective, approachable and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting critically on the result, so that what is learnt is identified and assimilated.
- Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and/or business requirements and modifying response to a problem or situation accordingly.
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Communicating effectively in reports and via emails.
Is familiar with:
- General knowledge of office network wiring requirements, and the ability to work with vendors and business leaders to develop and manage an Statement of Work effectively.
- Internet circuit procurement and setting expectations appropriately with the business on delivery time frame, in relation to office construction, and other activities that are dependent/relative to the office move.
- General knowledge of networking gear, and ability to analyze current inventory vs. future needs, and plan accordingly.
- WiFi Access points
- Patch panels, network rack, and UPS
- The application of automated systems to the support of specific business functions or processes.
- The activities, structure, and position in the organization of the functions or departments for which services are provided. Examples: sales, marketing, accounting.
Is aware of:
- The IT environment relating to own sphere of work (own organization and/or closely associated organizations, such as customers, suppliers, partners).
- The complete sequence of activities within a process. May be simple, such as receipt of an order to delivery of a product or service, or more complex, involving multiple collaborating service providers.
A minimum of 3 years prior management experience.
- Prior management of a small-medium size team
A minimum of 5 years experience of:
- Working in an Application Management or related position, supporting a complex customer base
- Diagnosing and resolving IT-related support requests (hardware, software and applications)
- Processes and procedures based on the ITIL Framework (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.)
- Contributing to the improvement of service processes and customer satisfaction
- Bachelors degree (required)
- Formal training or certifications pertaining to project management, e.g. PMP, CAPM, Project+, ITIL, Prince2 (preferred)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: