Operation Support Manager (Shah Alam)
Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries.
We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company, operating in 70 countries and ranked in the top 3 in 65 of those countries.
Ranking in the top 3 in 38 of the 44 countries we operate in, Initial Hygiene is the market leader who provides quality, diligent and friendly services to all customers.
In France, Initial Workwear specialises in the supply and laundering of workwear, garments and protective uniforms and equipment; focussing on top quality products and services.
Our plant business; Ambius is seen as the expert in interior and exterior "landscaping"; operating across the US, Europe, Asia & Pacific
Steritech Brand Protection by Rentokil Initial is an industry leader and pioneer, providing innovative solutions that help customers to mitigate risks and drive business growth.
We also have specialist businesses such as Medical Services, Specialist Hygiene and Property Care, which lead their respective fields.
Across all of our operations globally, we have a positive reputation amongst our customers for our knowledge and integrity.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Manage and control the administration department to be effective and operating with an efficient standard while operating within the administration budget parameters.
Ensure the Company’s best practices are used:-
- Company set policies
- Administration procedures
- Cash Management
To ensure the internal controls of branch are adhered to and implemented.
Recruit, induct, train and manage administrative staff effectively.
Distribution of responsibilities to the administrative staff through specific job functions:
- Service controller
- Sales administration
- Accounts assistant
- Credit controller (outstation branch only)
Implement training programme to ensure administrative staff adhere and maintain a high level of performance and competency.
Provide support services to the sales and service department:
- Claim reimbursement
- Issue purchase order
- Personnel affairs
- Sales documentation
Ensure systematic filing and retrieval. Maintain daily filing and done with care and accuracy.
Maintain a good working atmosphere and office environment.
- Undertake as authorised program of branch visits to perform control and compliance reviews (branch support visits) and to support the branches with administration training guidance.
- Prepare and deliver presentations/training modules to Managers and branch staff as required.
- Participate in the selection process for recruitment of the branch administration staff including resume reviews, telephone interviews and where practical personal interviews to assess suitability of candidates administrative skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Provide proactive support for the branch mission/objectives, the divisional management and branch staff to assist them in the efficient performance of their responsibilities.
- Controlling cost and work within budget constraints.
- Maintain accurate personnel records at branch.
- Ensure the company’s policies and procedures are adhered at all times, especially in the raising of credit notes.
- Sound understanding of industrial relations.
- Monitor petty cash accurately.
- Ensured that stationery and printing stocks are kept in a clean, dry, secure storage and sufficient for using. Keep a constant watch for wastage.
- Set up a system to monitor vehicle inspection.
- Monitor the sales control system and give the Sales clerk practical help and support.
- Delegate to the Service clerk and Supervisors responsibility for maintaining a good standard of administration among technician but check their work periodically.
- Maintain strict discipline on the submission of supervisor’s plan and reports.
- Check administrative work delegated to supervisor’s periodically.
- Check and monitor technician’s productivity calculations, and recognise that as this is part of remuneration, great care must be taken to produce accurate figures.
- Make sure that all information required by payroll department is submitted on time and to pay staff the correct amount at the appropriate time.
- Use the checklist for terminating employment to ensure that all company property is recovered and the post-employment letter is sent.
- Reduce the backlog
- Reduce debtor days
- Reduce / monitor credit notes raised
- Reduce / monitor termination
- Assist Branch Manager
- Maintain accurate customers portfolio at branch system
- Meeting Department Head: Monthly
- Collection: Monthly
- Customer Service: Weekly
- Admin: Monthly
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum a Diploma in related discipline of studies with proven track record in Sales
- Highly successful at converting clients with the ability to adhere to KPI's to ensure success
- Driven by data and building a network of excellent customer relationships
- Ability to work onsite and go on joint visits with Technical and Service colleagues
- Good understanding of Business clients in your designated locations
- Autonomous and thrive on challenges
- Required valid driving license because driving is part of the job requirement for this designation
- Possess own vehicle, is a Malaysian or holds a relevant resident status
- Excellent sales, solutions & negotiation skills
- Ability to reach & exceed sales targets
- Versatility to build rapport with people at all levels
- Multi-lingual in both verbal and written English and Bahasa Malaysia, able to converse in decent clear communication. Ability to converse in other local dialects will be an added advantage
- Commercially focused acumen
Rewards and Benefits
- Attractive base salary
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans for Surgical & Hospitalization, Term Life and Personal Accident
- Out-patient & Specialist Coverage
- Dental & Optical Coverage
- Additional Retirement benefits
- Staff Purchase Plans
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual's differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full potential.
Shah Alam Branch
Rentokil Initial (M) Sdn Bhd. No. 7 Jalan Utarid U5/13, Seksyen U5, 40150 Shah Alam