Global Infrastructure Operations Control Centre Analyst (Shift Work)
Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries.
We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company, operating in 70 countries and ranked in the top 3 in 65 of those countries.
Ranking in the top 3 in 38 of the 44 countries we operate in, Initial Hygiene is the market leader who provides quality, diligent and friendly services to all customers.
In France, Initial Workwear specialises in the supply and laundering of workwear, garments and protective uniforms and equipment; focusing on top quality products and services.
Our plant business; Ambius is seen as the expert in interior and exterior "landscaping"; operating across the US, Europe, Asia & Pacific
Steritech Brand Protection by Rentokil Initial is an industry leader and pioneer, providing innovative solutions that help customers to mitigate risks and drive business growth.
We also have specialist businesses such as Medical Services, Specialist Hygiene and Property Care, which lead their respective fields.
Across all of our operations globally, we have a positive reputation amongst our customers for our knowledge and integrity.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
Working within our functions departments, you would be supporting all of our business globally.
What is the Global Operations Control Centre?
The Global Operations Control Centre (GOCC) is responsible for the monitoring and operation of Rentokil Initial’s physical and virtual IT infrastructure, network services and application hosting, within our global hosting facilities, offices and branches.
Day to day management of global IT infrastructure services underpinning our business services and providing global infrastructure operations support to the Rentokil initial businesses. Operating within the Rentokil Initial IT Service Management (ITSM) Framework, the GOCC is responsible for the analysis, investigation and resolution of global infrastructure incidents and problems.
This role will provide Global cover and is worked on a 4 week shift pattern of 5 days/week, Monday to Friday, including bank holidays, working the following hours. A shift allowance of 18.5% of annual salary will be paid.
07:00 to 15:30 (Early shift 1) with a 60 minute lunch break
08:00 to 16:30 (Early shift 2) with a 60 minute lunch break
14:30 to 22:00 (Late shift 1&2) with a 30 minute break.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Hosting and storage service monitoring, responding to alerts and taking action to ensure availability of business services.
- Network services monitoring (LAN/WAN), and liaising with network service providers to manage and resolve WAN incidents and issues.
- Operate and manage the virtualization infrastructure (WMware) and virtual end user compute (Citrix).
- Incident management using our ITSM Framework and platform (ServiceNow).
- Regular systems maintenance tasks (configuration, patching, policy compliance).
- Perform operational procedures, including software & hardware configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Document and maintain documentation for system configuration changes
- Build and deploy Linux and Windows hosting platforms using documented procedures and virtual infrastructure management tools (vSphere).
- Liaise with our IT business partners and Service Delivery organizations for service recovery and data backup services and solutions.
Do you have what it takes? If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
Strengths & Experience
- Demonstrates a passion for world class infrastructure technology operations.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good awareness of three or more of the following products/solutions:
- Hypervisor - VMware ESX + vSphere
- Storage - NetApp networked storage
- Platforms - Windows Server 2003+ and Linux Red Hat 5+
- End User Compute - Citrix XenApp
- Networks - Cisco network switches and firewalls
- Basic scripting (BASH, PowerShell, Python or any coding experience with a high level language)
- Monitoring of a medium to large scale infrastructure environment (minimum 500 platforms, mixed estate)
- Ability to install, configure and maintain infrastructure systems and solutions to specification
- Excellent attention to detail when performing tasks and add extra value to complete tasks to a high standard
- Ability to identify improvements to processes and procedures and communicate them with team to effect change
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent task management and prioritisation of activities.
- Excellent collaboration and communication in a global virtual team environment.
- Able to operate in a busy Global Infrastructure Operations environment.
- Able to manage high priority (P1/P2) incidents impacting business operations (and potentially revenue).
- Operate within Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to manage incidents, awareness of ITIL service management framework
- Process oriented, perform duties as described following operating procedures.
- Understands business priorities and importance of relevant availability of business services.
- Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work.
- Self motivated, able to manage and plan own time and self-development.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills for effective dialogue with customers, suppliers and service delivery partners.
- Team player, able to work equally well with local GOCC team members and remote GOCC team members in regional Rentokil Initial offices.
- Good awareness and familiarity of all aspects of service delivery.
At least one of the following qualifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional /Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer (or equivalent Linux certification)
- VMware Certified Professional
- ITIL® Foundation in IT Service Management
- Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer (or equivalent Linux certification)
- HNC In Computing or equivalent
Experience working in at least one of the following scenarios:
- 2 years minimum experience working in an IT Service Delivery or Service Support role
- 1 years work placement as part of a IT degree
- A Level 4 Advanced apprenticeship in an Infrastructure environment
Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us...
- Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after 5 years, plus 8 bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service benefit of 4 x annual salary
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual's differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full potential.