Credit Control Team Lead (Seksyen U5, Shah Alam)
Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries.
We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company, operating in 70 countries and ranked in the top 3 in 65 of those countries.
Ranking in the top 3 in 38 of the 44 countries we operate in, Initial Hygiene is the market leader who provides quality, diligent and friendly services to all customers.
In France, Initial Workwear specialises in the supply and laundering of workwear, garments and protective uniforms and equipment; focussing on top quality products and services.
Our plant business; Ambius is seen as the expert in interior and exterior "landscaping"; operating across the US, Europe, Asia & Pacific
Steritech Brand Protection by Rentokil Initial is an industry leader and pioneer, providing innovative solutions that help customers to mitigate risks and drive business growth.
We also have specialist businesses such as Medical Services, Specialist Hygiene and Property Care, which lead their respective fields.
Across all of our operations globally, we have a positive reputation amongst our customers for our knowledge and integrity.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
Working within our functions departments, you would be supporting all of our businesses within Malaysia for Pest Control and Hygiene divisions.
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic Credit Control Team Lead to join our team based out of our offices in various locations. Your responsibilities will be to look to reduce the long overdue debts and unallocated credit balances (>1year) under the portfolios assigned.
To help to achieve this, we will provide you with a competitive base salary, highly rewarding collection incentive structure and career opportunities. You will also be given full product training, with hands on assistance from the Credit Control Manager and the Credit Control Team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The Credit Control Asst. Manager / Team Leader controls the process of payment for the organisation’s services and products, and making sure payments are received promptly and efficiently
- A key position directly contributing to the organisation’s liquidity through effective receivables management
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Engage with the all function heads and plan for DSO reduction and control of Credit Control activities, manage of disputes and setting goals / target.
- Translate the business plan into a cash collection and DSO management plan
- Minimise the risk and potential for write-off and bad debts
- Accountable for the delivery of key Receivables KPIs
- Run the collections forecast process to identify business risks and mitigation options to keep cash delivery on plan
- Demonstrate best practice in business partnering with key relationships to achieve results
- Keep the business up to date with relevant statutory, internal, or external regulations, standards, and codes of good practice
Strategic Planning, Annual Planning, Forecasting & Monitoring Performance
- From the business plan, develop short, medium and long-term collection and DSO targets
- Track weekly/ monthly performance versus target and communicate the business drivers of variances (both positive & negative) across all functional stakeholders
- Run the monthly targeting process, to include collection value, aged debts reduction/control, DSO
- Identify key risks to delivery of collection targets with options to mitigate
- Challenge the business to take tough choices on mitigation plans
- Hold monthly collections performance review for top customers with Management and Stakeholders
- Engage with and build customer relationships to leverage positive payment decisions and to encourage digital acceptance of proof of service and e-invoicing
- Perform weekly dispute case reviews with Sales, Customer Care, Admin and Credit Control Teams - leading the discussion to early dispute root cause identification, required corrective measures (short and long term) and steps to collect payment timely
- Robust follow-up on deliverables across all key stakeholders to maximise collection success
Commercial Insight and Analysis, System and Process
- Develop and utilise knowledge of OnGuard across the Credit Control team to analyse receivables data and performance, including summary by customer and / or Credit Control, drill-down to specific customer or group of customers, ageing analysis and activity tracking
- Develop and utilise knowledge of iCABS across the Credit Control team to enquire of customer contract and service data in response to customer dispute resolution or customer payment query
- Develop and drive best practice across all stakeholders to minimise reliance on manual processes, eliminate duplication of effort, drive use of Speed technologies and maximise customer facing contact in furtherance of collection and DSO deliverables
- Communicate the monthly performance to the key stakeholders so that they understand the choices they have to improve collection, ageing and DSO performance
- Provide monthly collection reports and KPI scorecards to the key stakeholders in a format that is easy for them to understand and act upon, specifically to include Top 50 customers
- Ensure timely submission of invoices, engaging with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver OTIF, using necessary systems and tools (digital) for effective document collection and collation
- Ensure acquired businesses receivables and payments culture is adapted to RI expectations and targets
- Contribute to the Finance team deliverable for OCF, and be a key partner with Branch Operations teams to identify potential disputes, drive effective and early resolution, and overall collection success
- Bring best practices to the table that can be adopted by other markets in the region
- Act as a role model for ethics and standards of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum a Diploma in related discipline of studies with proven track record in Credit Control
- Able to work independently to meet assigned collection target
- Experienced to manage and drive the team in meeting the collection and DSO targets
- Results oriented, dynamic, creative and self driven
- Team player, customer focused, proactive, has sense of urgency and ownership
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral, bilingual would be an advantage)
- Computer skill is essential
- Applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or hold relevant residence status
- Excellent credit collection, solving customer disputes and negotiation skills
- Ability to reach & exceed collection targets
- Versatility to build rapport with people at all levels
- Multi-lingual in both verbal and written English and Bahasa Malaysia, able to converse in decent clear communication. Ability to converse in other local dialects will be an added advantage
- Commercially focused acumen
Rewards and Benefits
- Attractive base salary, collection incentives and performance bonus
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans for Surgical & Hospitalization, Term Life and Personal Accident
- Out-patient & Specialist Coverage
- Dental & Optical Coverage
- Additional Retirement benefits
- Staff Purchase Plans
You will be welcomed into a friendly, robust and competitive team that are highly motivated and focused on achieving goals and results. You will be given full product training, with hands on assistance from the Credit Control Manager.
So, what are you waiting for? Come, let’s join our team by APPLYING NOW
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual's differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full potential.
Rentokil Initial (M) Sdn Bhd. No. 7 Jalan Utarid U5/13, Seksyen U5, 40150 Shah Alam