Service Management Analyst
Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries. We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting. We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues. We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
About the Company:
Rentokil Initial is one of the largest international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues in over 70 countries across the globe. Our three brands Rentokil, Initial and Ambius are the market experts in pest control, washroom solutions, specialist hygiene, medical waste disposal, property care and also interior/exterior landscaping for companies within any industry. Service, Relationships and Teamwork were identified by our colleagues across the world as the core values for the Company. Through these three values, we are in a position to offer excellent and consistent customer service to any customer who we look after.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Uses the appropriate operating systems, hardware, tools and/or paper documents to maintain the configuration management system, including the configuration management database (CMDB).
- Ensures that necessary data, forms and configuration items (CIs) are available for use by all authorised personnel.
- Monitors and documents baselines and releases of CIs for formal test and delivery, ensuring that necessary data is available for use by those producing and/or using the baselined CIs.
- Maintains a document reference library, ensuring that current and archived versions of document CIs are available for reference by and/or loan to all authorised personnel.
- Is responsible under broad guidance for the accessibility, retrievability, and security of specific subsets of data and information.
- Is responsible for the transformation of information from one format/medium to another, where appropriate.
- Is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of subsets of the information handling procedures.
- Assists with ensuring the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data structures and protection measures.
- Is responsible for the manipulation of specific data subset to satisfy local or specific information needs.
- Determines what information is required, and specifies search criteria.
- Applies appropriate analysis methods and interprets the results.
- Applies appropriate presentation techniques to clarify the results of analysis for others.
- Applies appropriate safeguards to handling the data and any analysis results
Do you have what it takes?
- Has experience of delivering to to specific objectives in a similar role handling large quantities of data and/or reporting
- Has experience of delivering to specific objectives in a large organisation
- Has practical experience of working across teams to deliver specific objectives
- Is competent in the use of IT Service Management and Reporting applications
Knowledge and Skills
- Configuration Management: The discipline which gives precise control over IT assets by allowing IT management to maintain information about the "configuration items", including hardware devices, computer programs, software licences, documentation, telecommunications services, and computer centre facilities (virtualised and static), required to deliver an IT service. Also used for version control of projects artefacts and deliverables.
- Information Retrieval Tools: The application of automated (software) tools which enable selective access to information, or extraction of patterns and knowledge from large amount of data, typically held within some form of database or "data warehouse". Also referred to as “Data Mining”.
- Database Modelling and Design Tools: Tools and techniques which assist in creating a logical entity model, and generating a physical database.
- Information Capture Techniques: The selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available. Examples: contextual enquiries, focus groups, structured fact-finding interviews (face-to-face and virtual), questionnaires, prototyping, observation, statistical analysis, document analysis, investigative audit, interface analysis, automated monitoring tools and application logs.
- Document Management Techniques: Methods and techniques for the organisation, storage and version control of information in both paper and electronic formats.
- Business Characteristics: The functional structure of businesses and other organisations; their mission, objectives, strategies and critical success factors. Knowledge and understanding of organisational culture.
- Desktop Software: The use of everyday desktop software. Examples: word processing, spreadsheets, graphics.
- Presentation Techniques: Methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations, either face-to-face or online.
- Report Writing Techniques: Methods and techniques for writing effective technical and business focused reports.
- Database Software: Software which enables the user to create, populate and manipulate data structures.
Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us...
- 23 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Rentokil Initial Reward Scheme
- Free Parking
- Competitive Salary
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual's differences,embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full potential.